International Delights conducts its business in a responsible way that values and protects its employees, customers, vendors and the environment.
We understand and are sensitive to the delicate balance of the earth’s ecosystem and are committed to taking every step possible to protect the environment and sensibly use its resources.
- International Delights uses technologically advanced equipment to reduce the use of energy and carbon emission.
- Our ovens are designed to maximize the recycling of energy through computer controlled heat exchanges. Our new mixers are more efficient and thus use less energy.
- Our operation maximizes the use of automated bulk materials to reduce packaging waste and energy use.
- International Delights pays its employees competitive and fair wages, maintains manageable workloads for employees, and provides them with all the necessary amenities.
- International Delights has offered health insurance coverage and a generous profit sharing plan to its employees since the early 90’s.
- Since moving from NY to NJ in 2011, in an effort to retain employees as well as reducing the need to drive and use of energy and carbon emission, International Delights has contracted a private shuttle bus and offered free transportation to all employees residing in NY.
- International Delights is proud to be an independently owned and operated company, with a loyal and committed workforce: Over 50 employees have been with the company between 10 and 20 years. And 15 of them have worked there for over 20 years.
- At International Delights, all packaging material generated during manufacturing is compacted on site and recycled.
- Over 90% of our packaging boxes contain recycled fiber material.
- All empty plastic and metal drums that are generated at the plant are recycled.
- Very little product waste is generated. Product that is marginally less than market quality is offered to employees at no cost.
- Our plant is situated on a park-like, nine-acre property that is near a school and a residential area.
- The property is beautifully landscaped and very well maintained, and has won the city’s Commercial Beautification Award.
- International Delights regularly donates product to nonprofit organizations, religious and educational institutions, and food banks.
- International Delights is committed to pursuing new technologies and methods in order to increase efficiency and reduce waste and costs.